So the day, and really the weekend, started out as normal. Spur of the moment, I decided to see if my parents were up for a road trip to join us for dinner. Thanks to ultra hot weather and no other plans, they accepted. To make things better, my mother-in-law agreed to come as well. A big family dinner....great! In the bustle of cooking, occupying the kids, cleaning up, etc I was hit with a tremendous wave of emotion. For as long as I can remember, we spent this day honoring my Dad. But this year, it really hit home that I have 2 special men in my life and so do my kids. For me, my Dad has been a constant in my life for 36 years. Always there with love and support no matter what. Then I found my soulmate...the man who began to know me as the woman I am now. The man who has given me two beautiful children and our own family. The fact that we are now starting our legacy and are carving the way for our kids is overwhelming. To see Benjamin and Alexis with the two "Dads" made the day so special. There are really no words to describe it. My hope is that the kids will one day realize what I know now......love and family are more important that anything else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment